Once in our life we need a doctor, a lawyer, a policeman and a preacher, but every day, three times a day, we need a farmer.
Rather than rhetoric, I will jump to facts related to agriculture in India.
The issues that rural agrarian population face today are:
- Irregular rainfall and erratic weather conditions
- Use of sub-standard agricultural practices and shortage of awareness state-sponsored programs
- Average farm size per farmer is too small in India
- Post-harvest wastage of produce
- Exploitation by middle-men